MPEG-4 Part 14 or MP4 is one of the widely used video file formats. It is a multimedia format container which is used to store both audio and video files. The filename extension for MPEG-4 Part 14 files is .mp4. The MP4 files are stored usually in hard drives, memory cards, SD cards, MMC, USB drives, MP3 players, iPods, external hard disk drives, and so on.
Have you lost or deleted .mp4 files?
Your favorite MP4 files might get deleted or lost due to a number of known or unknown factors. Listed are some common causes that are responsible for the loss of MP4 file-
- Accidental format: You may delete multimedia files by accidentally formatting the storage device using format option on the camcorder or your system. Your entire important MP4 file gets deleted by performing format operation.
- Deletion by Emptying the Recycle Bin: MP4 files can be deleted by the user from Recycle Bin in Windows or from Trash on Mac OS. If an MP4 file is deleted from the hard drive, then it gets stored in Recycle Bin and Trash on Windows and Mac OS X respectively.
- Storage Device Corruption: MP4 files can also get lost due to storage device corruption. If the device in which the MP4 files are stored is corrupted or logically damaged due to virus attack, file system corruption or improper device usage, then all the MP4 files stored in it will become inaccessible.
- Virus and malware: The dreadful virus and other malicious threats can severely damage the video files stored on the storage drive. The viruses make the media files inaccessible or missing from its location.
Simplest way to restore MP4 files
Video File Recovery software is the highly-suited tool to retrieve deleted, lost, formatted or corrupted MP4 files. It is the designed using the finest algorithms that scans the storage and fetches the media files. It can bring back video and also other media file formats of images, music, documents, etc.
This program is also capable to extract deleted or lost videos from various internal and external storage devices- HDD, SSD, USB drives, memory cards, memory sticks, iPods, etc. In case you want to know how to recover deleted videos from iPod? just click: http://www.videofilerecovery.net/get-back-from-ipod.html.
Read more: Learn detailed steps to restore SD card at utmost ease using the Video File Recovery program.
Why choose Video File Recovery tool to recover MP4 video?
- The software is now able to recover deleted video from HTC Evo, HTC One, HTC Rezound Smartphone, etc. within a fraction of time.
- It avails a real-time preview
- Displays retrieved media files based on filename, size, creation date, and modified date.
- Using this tool you easily recover deleted videos from a JVC camcorder. Check out this link www.videofilerecovery.net/deleted-from-jvc-camcorder.html to find complete detail about deleted videos recovery from JVC camcorder.
- Supports the recovery of MP4 files on both Windows and Mac Operating Systems.
- Instantly extracts even permanently deleted files.
- You can make use of this video file retrieval program to retrieve videos from Sony Handycam in a just a few minutes.
Steps on how to recover deleted or lost MP4 videos:
Step 1: Download and install the MP4 Video File Recovery software. After installation, select “Recover Files” from the main screen.
Step 2: Mention the storage drive that is to be scanned for deleted or lost MP4 videos.
Figure 1: Main Screen
Step 3: The program begins to search for MP4 files.
Figure 2: Scanning for video files
Step 4: The list of retrieved video files appear in a preview screen.
Figure 3: Recovery results
Step 5: Preview the retrieved files. Tick-mark the MP4 videos for saving.
Figure 4: Preview Window
Step 6: Choose a destination location to save the recovered MP4 videos.
Figure 5: Save Recovered Videos
Tips to get avoid loss of MP4 video:
- Do not remove the storage device from the computer during data transfer operations
- Maintain a proper backup of the vital videos. To learn more about video recovery, visit the homepage- http://www.videofilerecovery.net.